AO Citibank began its operations in Russia in 1992, when it was one of the first international banks to enter the Russian market. Today Citi is one of the largest banks in the country by capital and assets. In 2017 the Forbes magazine named AO Citibank one of the Most Reliable Bank in Russia for the fifth time placing Citi in the first reliability group.
AO Citibank is part of Citi, the leading global bank with a history spanning more than 200 years and which serves more than 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of world-class financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services and wealth management.
Today AO Citibank is one of the leading banks of Russia, with about 3000 employees (including the operations center in Ryazan) serving about 3,000 corporate and about 500,000 retail clients in 11 Russian cities.
Citi is one of the largest banks in Russia according to number of corporate clients and assets. Citi provides cash management services on a global scale to more than 3000 leading Russian and international companies and financial institutions and also advises many of them on their international acquisitions plans as a financial consultant.
The bank’s retail clients have access to its services via branches, hi-tech compact offices, Citibank Online as well as through CitiPhone®, Citi Mobile and ATMs. The development of service technologies and improvement of access to banking and financial services remain top priorities for Citi’s consumer business in Russia.
AO KB Citibank is one of the leading banks in Russia’s banking sector. Below you will find main awards for the last three years:
- Citibank Receives ACRA’s Highest Credit Rating under the National Scale at AAA (RU), outlook Stable;
- Forbes named AO Citibank one of the most reliable banks in Russia for fifth year in a row;
- In 2017 Citi entered Top-3 Banks for Premium Banking in Russia by Frank Research Group;
- Citi received multiple awards from the Euromoney magazine in various nominations. In 2017 Citi received awards in eight nominations at global level, and was named “Best Bank for Financial Organizations in Central and Eastern Europe”;
- In 2017 Citi Named Best Corporate/Institutional Digital Bank in Central and Eastern Europe (including Russia) by Global Finance. In 2016, Citi received an award from the Global Finance magazine as the best corporate/institutional bank in Central and Eastern Europe, including Russia, and in 2015 was named Overall Global Best Digital Bank.
- Other awards.
Knowing the banks’ reliability ratings will help you make the right choice when you need to open a checking or deposit account or apply for a cash loan or credit card.